Children's supports employees pursing adoption through financial reimbursement. To help defray the costs of adoption, Children's will reimburse employees up to $3,000 per adoption or up to $4,000 per adoption for the costs associates in adopting a child with special needs.
- You are eligible if you have completed six months of employment in a benefits eligible position.
- You may apply for reimbursement for a maximum of two children, under the age of 18, and not a relative or stepchild. Please provide a medical certification for children with special needs.
- Expenses eligible for reimbursement include agency and legal fees, placement fees, travel expenses of the adopted child, birth mother’s medical expenses, child's medical expenses not covered by insurance, legal fees, court costs, temporary care expenses incurred for the child during the transportation period, immigration fees, and translation fees.
- Documentation of expenses is required and may be scanned and e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to 205.638.5005.
- You may apply for reimbursement after the child is placed in the home.
- You may use accrued PTO and EIB to take time off from work to care for the adopted child. You may also be eligible for job protection under the Family Medical Leave Act. If you have questions regarding the use of EIB or job protected leave please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply contact the benefits department at email@example.com or call 205.638.9187.